We are excited to share great news with you! Tulsa Cancer Institute (TCI) and St. John Health System announced plans Nov. 10 to team up as Oklahoma Cancer Specialists and Research Institute. Together, we will provide comprehensive outpatient oncology services to patients in Oklahoma and the region.
This new group practice will be managed by the physicians who have cared for you with Tulsa Cancer Institute. The physicians that you have seen at TCI will be joined by physicians currently working at St. John facilities. We will continue to function as an outpatient focused program, while also having the strength of our hospital partner to support your care.
When will the new company formally start?
- We finalized the joint venture agreement Oct. 30 and anticipate Oklahoma Cancer Specialists and Research Institute will formally open in late February. Until then, services will continue to be provided independently. You will begin to see collaborative marketing occur to help our referring physicians understand the new care process.
Where will we provide your care?
- The new practice will provide outpatient cancer services at current TCI facilities. TCI conducts operations primarily in Tulsa at 12697 E. 51st St. South. TCI also offers services at the Skin Cancer Center at 8803 S. 101st East Ave. and at community cancer centers in Bartlesville, McAlester and Stillwater.
- Outpatient cancer services currently provided at St. John will transition to TCI’s main campus, while patients may continue to receive hospital inpatient care and inpatient radiation therapy services at St. John Medical Center, 1923 S. Utica Ave.
MD Anderson affiliation
- St. John Medical Center plans to expand its existing relationship with MD Anderson Cancer Network® by completing the quality certification process with Oklahoma Cancer Specialists and Research Institute. St. John became Oklahoma’s first and only certified member of the network in June 2014.
Why is this great for our patients?
- With combined expertise, resources and technology, our collaboration with St. John will give cancer patients access to the region’s most comprehensive care and best clinical research,” said Daron Street, M.D., TCI president. “It will provide patients the largest group of physicians in the state with the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) certification. This collaboration will strive to provide the most cost-effective, highest quality care in Oklahoma.”
- TCI and St. John share the same passion and values and are both committed to providing exemplary cancer care close to home. Together as Oklahoma Cancer Specialists and Research Institute, we will have expanded resources and services to help patients throughout their journey.
- With combined expertise, resources and technology, this partnership will give cancer patients access to the region’s most comprehensive care.
- John’s oncology program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons and offers robust surgical oncology services, educational programs and support groups, and eastern Oklahoma’s only STAR Program for survivor rehabilitation.
- Tulsa Cancer Institute has served our communities for over 40 years, providing the most current care, supported by strong research. Our physicians and staff are exemplary, and are committed to continuing to be a part of your care.
We are excited to turn this new page in the history of cancer care in Oklahoma. We think you will be delighted as well!