Oklahoma Cancer Specialists and Research Institute welcomes those who want to a make a difference by lending their time, their talent, and their support to benefit others. You don’t need special skills or training, just the gift of your time and compassion. By sharing your volunteer spirit, your personal experiences and relationships you can give hope to others going through a challenging time. By volunteering you can realize the reward of community involvement and experience a sense of well-being through your connection and commitment to others. We invite you to join our team.
If you are interested in volunteering at Oklahoma Cancer Specialists and Research Institute please review our volunteer requirements. If after reviewing the requirements you feel you are interested in volunteering please complete the application. Email the application to Jan Keim, Patient Experience/Volunteer Coordinator, at Jan.Keim@ocsri.org or mail to “Patient Experience/Volunteer Coordinator” at 12697 east 51st Street South Tulsa OK 74146. Once the completed application is received an interview with the Patient Experience/Volunteer Coordinator will be set up. You may also call 918-505-3222.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Consent to a criminal background check, TB test, and drug screening.
- Attend orientation and subsequent ongoing/yearly training.
- Commit to a 4hr shift weekly for 6 months; more hours available once you are settled in your role.
- Have the ability to assist patients and family members up and down stairs, on and off the elevator and escort them by foot to various departments within the facility.
- Volunteer hours are not applicable to court-ordered community service hours.
- As a Oklahoma Cancer Specialists and Research Institute volunteer, you will be held to the same or similar performance and behavioral standards as employees.